Media Officer H/F
Art / Culture / Loisirs
Marketing / Communication / Création
Description de l'entreprise :
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) ensures that 1.7 million people who died in the two world wars will never be forgotten. We do this by preserving cemeteries and memorials at 23.000 locations, in 153 countries. Our values and aims, laid out in 1917, are as relevant now as they were 100 years ago. We employ more than 600 people in France and Western Europe.
The WEA Senior Management and the CWGC Head Office in the UK attach particular importance to professionally managed and aligned external communications and stimulate that media and communication initiatives are taken by the WEA External Relations teams .
Description du poste :
• Co-responsible for leading and developing external communication across WEA and building a strong and positive media profile.
• Building key relationships with media contacts including those in member governments within WEA.
• Organising contact moments with media (interviews, visits, announcements and special campaigns). Providing professional and timely response to media enquiries . Proactively identifying and exploiting communication opportunities. Advising on media and news angles. Developing and promoting effective communication processes and a media enquiry tracking mechanism.
• Drafting strong and interesting news stories and editorials for multimedia use including press releases, articles, newsletters, case studies, marketing collateral and web copy.
• Acting as right hand of Director External Relations during press interviews. Preparing and assisting in the event of crisis communication.
• Working closely with the Area External Relations team, the CWGC Head Office media and web teams, the WEA Senior Management and to ensure that WEA initiatives and corporate messages are aligned and that the CWGC reputation and profile is protected and maintained at all times.
• Strong relation building skills (internal and external).
• Fluent in English, French and Dutch.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Digitally savvy, with a comprehensive understanding of social media and collaborative technologies.
• Driving license and the flexibility to travel is an essential part of the role.
• Reporting to the Director External Relations WEA.
Profil recherché :
- Experience in a press or communications environment (at least 3 years) - junior or medior leve
- Bachelor (Bac+3) or Master (Bac+5)
- Working out of Arras (Fr) or Ieper (B) but flexible to travel between the WEA-countries
- type contract: permanent – preferable 70% to full time contract
Niveau d'expérience : 3 à 5 ans
Niveau de formation : Bac+4. bac+5
Langue(s) : Anglais, Néerlandais
Informations complémentaires sur le poste :
Apply by sending your CV and short motivation letter in English. CWGC will reply to every application received. Please do not contact CWGC offices or staff directly durig the process.
Référence : Media Officer